On this page
- Bilateral relations
- Trade relations
- Development and humanitarian assistance
- Partnerships and organizations
- Canada-Guinea fact sheet
Canada and Guinea established diplomatic relations in March 1962. Canada's bilateral relations with Guinea are based on a long tradition of cooperation in the mining sector and a common membership in La Francophonie.
The Embassy of Canada to Senegal, in Dakar ensures the representation of Canada in Guinea. Guinea has been represented in Canada by an Embassy in Ottawa since 1980 and is also represented by Honorary Consuls in Montreal, Toronto, Calgary, and Vancouver.
Canada and Guinea have an established trade relationship. In 2021, exports totaled $34.6 million, while imports from Guinea reached $78.65 million.
Development and humanitarian assistance
- Canada was one of the earliest responders to the Ebola crisis, and has committed more than $130 million to help address the health, humanitarian and security implications of the crisis in West Africa.
- The main Canadian partners involved in Guinea are the Canadian Red Cross, the International Development Research Center, the Canadian Commercial Corporation and a consortium made up of World University Service of Canada and the Center for International Studies and Cooperation.
- The main multilateral partners are the World Food Programme and the World Health Organization.
- The Embassy of Canada to Senegal also supports local initiatives to promote human rights, peace and security, and governance through the Canada Fund for Local Initiatives.
- See Project Browser for additional information on programming.
Partnerships and organizations
To develop effective responses to today’s most pressing global challenges, Canada and Guinea work closely in multilateral fora, such as:
- La Francophonie
- International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO)
- International Criminal Court (ICC)
- United Nations (UN)
- United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO)
- World Trade Organization (WTO)
Report a problem on this page
- Date Modified: