Language selection


High Commission of Canada to the United Kingdom, in London

We provide services to Canadians visiting and living in the United Kingdom.

We also provide services to Canadians in:

Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, Falkland Islands, Gibraltar

COVID-19: Travel guidance

All travellers, regardless of citizenship, must meet specific requirements when coming to Canada. For information on COVID-19 and travel, visit COVID-19: Travel, testing, quarantine and borders.

Emergency consular assistance

Canadian citizens in the UK in need of emergency consular assistance weekdays between 8:30am and 5:00pm:

  • Contact us by email at
    • We advise against presenting in person without contacting us in advance.
  • If you have no access to email, leave a voicemail with your full name and phone number at +44 (0) 207 004 6000 (international call from a Canadian number).
    • Follow the prompts for “Services to Canadian citizens”, then “Emergency situation involving a Canadian”. We will reply by the next business day.

Outside of business hours, see Request emergency assistance.

Services and information

Adoption and surrogacy

Process to adopt a child internationally and bring them back to Canada.

Birth abroad

Register a child's birth abroad.

Child abduction

Steps to take if your child is abducted in Canada or abroad.

Citizenship services

Steps to become a Canadian citizen. Get proof of citizenship.

Criminal record checks

How to get a criminal record check abroad, if required.

Death abroad

Steps to follow when a loved one dies abroad.

Divorce abroad

Information on divorce procedures while abroad.

Legal matters

Steps to take should you need legal help abroad.

Marriage abroad

Requirements, documents and processes for getting married abroad.

Notarial services

Have your documents certified and authenticated.

Passport services

Apply for a passport and what to do if your passport is lost, stolen or damaged.

Pensions and retirement

Information on pensions and retiring outside of Canada.

Same-sex marriage abroad

Country specific information on same-sex marriage.

Studying abroad

Information on education or research opportunities in foreign countries.

Visa and immigration services

Apply to immigrate. Get a visa to study, work or visit Canada.

Voting abroad

Voting process for Canadians who live abroad.

Office information


Canada House, Trafalgar Square, London, SW1Y 5BJ, England, United Kingdom

Our representative

The Honourable Ralph Goodale, High Commissioner for Canada in the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and Permanent Representative to the International Maritime Organization

The Honourable Ralph Goodale
High Commissioner for Canada in the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and Permanent Representative to the International Maritime Organization

Follow us

Office closures

Date Holiday
2022-01-03 New Year's Day (in lieu)
2022-04-15 Good Friday
2022-04-18 Easter Monday
2022-05-02 Early May Bank Holiday
2022-06-02 Spring Bank Holiday
2022-06-03 Platinum Jubilee Bank Holiday
2022-08-29 Summer Bank Holiday
2022-09-05 Labour Day
2022-09-30 National Day for Truth and Reconciliation
2022-10-10 Thanksgiving
2022-12-26 Boxing Day
2022-12-27 Christmas Day (in lieu)
Report a problem on this page
Please select all that apply:

Thank you for your help!

You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, please contact us.

Date Modified: