Textiles and Apparel for import to Canada from the United Kingdom under the Canada-UK Trade Continuity Agreement – Serial No. 1037
Date: April 1, 2021
This Notice sets out the policies and practices pertaining to the administration of textiles and apparel for import from the United Kingdom under the Canada-United Kingdom Trade Continuity Agreement (Canada-UK TCA).
This Notice is provided pursuant to the authority of the Export and Import Permits Act (EIPA) and its corresponding regulations, and remains in effect until further notice.
Table of contents
Textiles and Apparel mean products that are included in items 86.98 and/or 86.99 on the Import Control List (ICL), namely, Textiles and Apparel that originate in the United Kingdom or other Canada-UK TCA beneficiary, and comply with the product description and sufficient production criteria referred to in Tables C.3 and C.4 of Annex 5-A to Annex 5 of the Protocol on Rules of Origin and Origin Procedures of the Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement between Canada and the European Union, as incorporated by reference into the Canada-UK TCA for import from the United Kingdom or other Canada-UK TCA beneficiary.
See the list of EIPA commodity codes for Textiles and Apparel.
- You are eligible for an import permit if you are a:
- Resident of Canada
- you are a person who ordinarily resides in Canada, or you are a corporation with a head office in Canada or that operates a branch office in Canada.
- Resident of Canada
- In accordance with the CETA Protocol on rules of origin and origin procedures, as incorporated into the Canada-UK TCA, the exporter of the product must provide an origin declaration to the importer.
- In order for the importer to identify origin quota imports from Canada and to inform the importer of the application of Annex 5-A, the exporter must include a reference to Annex 5-A on the commercial invoice or other commercial document. In accordance with Paragraph 4 of Annex 5-A, Canada shall not count any products against the annual origin quota without such reference.
- Shipment-specific permits are required for imports of origin quota Textiles and Apparel in order to obtain the preferential tariff rate under the Canada-UK TCA.
- Shipment-specific permits are available for imports of these goods from the United Kingdom, or other Canada-UK TCA beneficiary, on a first-come, first-served basis, upon submission of a duly completed shipment-specific permit application.
- Once an origin quota has been fully utilized, permits will not be issued.
- Key dates and access quantities
- Apply for an EIPA file number
- How to apply for an import permit
- Textile and Apparel utilization information
- Contact us
- Date Modified: