Global Affairs Canada (GAC) is committed to protecting the privacy rights of individuals and safeguarding personal information under its control in accordance with the provisions of the Privacy Act.
The information being requested will be used by GAC for the purpose of registering and processing your attendance participation at the 2022 CETA Civil Society Forum that will be held virtually on February 7 and 8, 2022. The information you provide is voluntary and you may, without prejudice, withdraw your participation in the Forum.
Information is being collected and used under the authority of the Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Act, Sections 10(2)(d) and 10(2)(e). GAC’s collection and use of the personal information is described in the Standard Personal Information Bank, Outreach Activities PSU 938.
Any personal information included here will be protected and handled according to the provisions of the Privacy Act. Under the Act, you have the right to the protection of your personal information and the right to access and to request corrections where you believe there is an error or omission. You may contact GAC’s Access to Information and Privacy Protection Division at firstname.lastname@example.org to exercise these rights. If requesting access to or correction of your personal information, please refer to the 2022 CETA Society Forum. Additionally, individuals have the right to file a complaint with the Privacy Commissioner of Canada regarding GAC’s handling of their personal information.
Consent to collect, use and disclose personal information
By registering, you acknowledge that you have read and understand the statements below. You understand that your consent is provided on a voluntary basis and that you may, without prejudice, refuse to provide it. You also understand that you can withdraw consent previously provided at any time.
Consent to video and audio livestreaming/recording and subsequent publication of images and voices of participants, by Global Affairs Canada, for the purposes of the 2022 CETA Civil Society Forum.
- Please note that the virtual Forum will be live and recorded.
Consent to the collection, use and disclosure of the personal information as described below, by Global Affairs Canada, for the purposes of the 2022 CETA Civil Society Forum. The following personal information elements are being collected:
- Name, title, civil society organization
- Preferred contact details: preferred email
- Information on the civil society organization
- The registrant’s language of preference for supporting documents
- Whether the registrant will require interpretation services for the sessions – English, French
- The registrant’s topics of interest
- How the registrant heard about this conference
- The registrant’s Free Trade Agreement awareness
This information will be used by Global Affairs Canada for the following purpose(s):
- To manage the conference numbers within the capacity of the virtual platform, to ensure a balanced representation per CETA Article 22.5, to provide further conference details to participants such as logistics, and any changes that may arise.
- This information is collected by Global Affairs Canada under the authority of the Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Act.
- Date Modified: