Statistical Report on International Assistance
In accordance with the Official Development Assistance Accountability Act (ODAAA), the Minister of International Development is required to issue the Statistical Report on International Assistance, published one year after the end of each fiscal year. This report presents an annual comprehensive and detailed account of Canadian international assistance.
DevData: Canada’s International Assistance dashboard
DevData is an interactive dashboard that displays data relating to Canada’s international assistance expenditures.
- Statistical Report on International Assistance 2021-2022
- Statistical Report on International Assistance 2020-2021
- Statistical Report on International Assistance 2019-2020
- Archive - Statistical Report on International Assistance 2018-2019
Historical project data set (HPDS)
The below datasets provide international assistance statistics in database-friendly formats. These datasets don’t replace official reports, such as the Statistical Report on International Assistance, but do allow for further breakdown and analysis of international assistance.
The HPDS provides a more granular view of international assistance data than the Statistical Report on International Assistance, with a few differences outlined below:
- since fiscal year 2016 to 2017, the datasets cover all of Canada’s international assistance, as presented in the Statistical Report on International Assistance; before this fiscal year, the data only includes assistance expenditures related to the former CIDA and, as of 2013 to 2014, the former DFAIT;
- the method used to estimate the country or region and sector allocation for certain types of assistance (for example, long-term institutional support to multilateral organizations) differs from the one used in the Statistical Report on International Assistance and development assistance statistics (refer to notes 1 and 2 in the data field definitions). As a result figures may differ before fiscal year 2016 to 2017;
- preliminary data only includes figures available at the time of upload and will change as new information becomes available. For example, the breakdown of multilateral assistance by country and sector is usually only available for the final publication of the data in March.
Download datasets by fiscal year
- Preliminary data 2022-2023
- Date Modified: