This Web page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived is provided for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It is not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards and has not been altered or updated since it was archived. Please contact us to request a format other than those available.
Notice to Importers
Turkey and Turkey Products (Items 105 to 113 on the Import Control List)
Appendix 4 - Application instructions for a share of the non-ICL portion of the turkey TRQ
Notice No.: 845
Date: November 01, 2013
Applicants for a share of the turkey TRQ for 2013 allocated to processors of products not on the Import Control List (ICL) should refer to Notice to Importers Turkey and Turkey Products (Items 105 to 113 on the Import Control List).
Only federally registered processors are eligible to receive a share of the non-ICL portion of the turkey TRQ.
Note: The information provided will be used to assess eligibility for non-ICL quota. Without a competitive test product profile, the application will not be considered complete and cannot be processed.
The declaration in section 4 must be signed and dated by a representative of the company applying for the import allocation for products that are not on the ICL.
1. Company Profile
- Name of company in full
- Complete physical processing plant mailing address (include postal code)
- Telephone number e) Facsimile number
- EIPA file (company) number, if known
- Whether your company is related to one or more other TRQ applicants (if yes, please provide details) - see Appendix 8 for definition of "related person"
- Federal Establishment Registration Number
- GST/Business Number
- What percent of your company's sales are at the wholesale level?
- What percent of your company's sales are at the retail level i.e. directly to consumers?
Applications must be in the format provided in tables 1 and 2 (a and b). Applications that are not in this exact format will be returned to the applicant upon receipt by Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Canada (DFATD). Applications that are not in this format may be ruled ineligible for a share of the turkey TRQ allocated to processors of products not on the Import Control List (ICL).
2. Production Data
|Canada Border Services Agency ruling on Specially Defined Mixtures required for CBSA file Number)||Product Number||Product Description||Total Per Unit Weight (in grams)||Poultry Per Unit (pre-processed weight) (in grams)||Boneless or |
|BlendsNote * Total Grams per unit of White Meat Dark Meat (in grams)||Poultry Type and sizeNote **||Total Units Produced and Sold in the Reference Period||Total (kilograms) requested in eviscerated equivalent|
|F55566||XYZ||"Tastesgood" Turkey Kiev||130||45||Boneless||White||Turkey Half Breast||1,000||89.5 (white)|
a. Using the above example, please provide a list of further processed turkey products that are not on the ICL manufactured by your company in the reference period.
b. For each product described, please provide information on:
- the weight, in grams, of each finished unit;
- the weight, in grams, of poultry per unit;
- a full description of poultry used in each product (i.e. turkey breast, turkey thigh, and proportion of each in each product);
- the total number of units produced in the reference period; and, the total number of units produced in kilograms in eviscerated equivalent, in the reference period; and
- the total amount of “ground meat”, “finely textured meat” and "trim meat" used in the production of the specified non-ICL product. For purposes of this Notice, "trim meat" is defined as "any turkey excluding mechanically separated meat and tenders, which (1) is the by-product of a trimming, boning, cutting or advanced meat recovery operation; (2) is used in a formulation; and (3) has been purchased or valued at a cost less than random (i.e., line run) whole muscle breast meat."
Note: Companies must state whether they are producing the product at the time of application and that they intend to be active during the allocation year.
Companies must state whether they are producing the product at the time of application and that they intend to be active during the allocation year.
Companies must also state whether they are co-packing any products listed on the application. If so, please indicate the firm(s) and name the final co-packer prior to marketing. Only one firm can qualify for non-ICL TRQ per product.
Companies must support their claims of new products not previously approved by DFATD with a ruling from Canada Border Services Agency determining whether their products are not on the
Import Control List.
3. Product Profile
|Canada Border Services Agency ruling on Non-ICL product (CBSA file number)||Year of CBSA ruling||Product Name (Full name on label)||Product Category (see list below)||Product sold to consumer as Fresh (F) Frozen (Z)||Shelf life of products (in months)|
|F99999||2009||Turkey & rice soup||(1)||Z||12|
|Name of finished imported product||Name of the manufacturer of the finished product and Ctry||Where competitive product can be purchased (name of retail store or name of foodservice outlet)|
|Company A. |
|Turkey and rice soup||Company B.|
Using the above example, please provide the following information;
- Canada Border Services ruling on the non-ICL product (file number)
- Year of the CBSA ruling
- The product name (include full name on the label)
- Name the product category in which your product(s) would directly compete:
- 1. Pot pies
- 2. Soups
- 3. Snack Foods
- 4. Stuffed Products (i.e Kiev, cordon bleu)
- 5. Dinners
- 6. Meat-on-meat product (i.e. tournedoes, coq-au-porc)
- 7. Sandwiches
- 8. Salads
- 9. Kebobs, Brochettes
- 10. Other: (i.e. spreads, pates, sauces, etc.), Specify:
- Indicate whether your finished product is sold to the consumer as fresh or frozen
- Indicate the shelf-life of your product in number of months.
- Provide the name(s) of a finished imported product, the name(s) of the manufacturer(s) for the categories outlined above with a copy of the label(s) of the competing product(s). h) Indicate where your product and the competitive finished product can be purchased (i.e. retail store or foodservice outlet (names))
4. Declaration (to be signed by applicant)
I declare that the above information and the supplementary information attached is correct. I confirm that the nature of my business, such as the products produced or the status of the company, has not changed and I do not anticipate any changes in the coming year to the extent that such changes will materially alter the basis on which this application for an import allocation is made.
I am aware that this information will be used to assess my application for an import allocation and import permits. I understand that such information is subject to verification and that additional documentation may be requested. I agree to allow representatives from Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Canada (DFATD) access to any information on my company relating to this application for an import allocation, or to subsequent applications for, or the use of, import permits, that is in the files of the Canadian Food Inspection Agency on the understanding that I will be informed of such requests for information.
I acknowledge that the Minister may require me to furnish, at my expense, laboratory test of the non-ICL products and an auditor's verification of this application. This requirement is set out in the Import Allocation Regulations.
I have listed any products that are co-packed with another firm. Only products that have been produced in Canada in plants which are owned and operated by my company have been included. I have also excluded all non-ICL products produced for the export market. I have not included production for which only packaging or assembling was performed.
I realize that the Export and Import Permits Act (EIPA) forbids transferring import permits to, or allowing import permits to be used by, any person not so authorized by or on behalf of the Minister without consent of the Minister. I realize that section 17 of the EIPA forbids anyone to furnish false or misleading information or to knowingly make any misrepresentation in any application in order to procure an import permit.
I or my trustee will inform DFATD in writing if my firm has filed or is about to file for bankruptcy.
Applicants must provide the following information if a consultant was hired to assist in the preparation of the above application.
Name of Consultant: ____________________________________________
Note: The information provided will be held in confidence and used for departmental purposes only.
Omission of any requested information or provision of false or misleading information may lead to disqualification and/or cancellation of import allocations.
- Date Modified: