Embassy of Canada to Japan, in Tokyo
We provide services to Canadians visiting and living in Japan.
Embassy visitor security measures
- Visitor access requires photo identification
- Visitors and their belongings will be subject to security screening (metal detector / x-ray machine)
- COVID-19 protocols are in place, in line with local (MHLW) health measures:
- the Embassy continues to be a mask-friendly environment
- visitors exhibiting symptoms associated with COVID-19, including cold or flu symptoms, are asked not to enter the Embassy
- hand hygiene and physical distancing (where possible) remain in effect
Services and information
Process to adopt a child internationally and bring them back to Canada.
Register a child's birth abroad.
Steps to become a Canadian citizen. Get proof of citizenship.
How to get a criminal record check abroad, if required.
Information on divorce procedures while abroad.
Requirements, documents and processes for getting married abroad.
Have your documents certified and authenticated.
Apply for a passport and what to do if your passport is lost, stolen or damaged.
Information on pensions and retiring outside of Canada.
Information on education or research opportunities in foreign countries.
Apply to immigrate. Get a visa to study, work or visit Canada.
Voting process for Canadians who live abroad.
Ian G. McKay
Ambassador of Canada to Japan
|2023-01-02||in lieu of New Year's Day|
|2023-02-13||in lieu of National Foundation Day|
|2023-05-03||Constitution Memorial Day|
|2023-07-03||in lieu of Canada Day|
|2023-09-29||in lieu of National Truth and Reconciliation Day|
|2023-10-09||Sports day / Thanksgiving|
Report a problem on this page
- Date Modified: