Vehicles for export to the United Kingdom under the Canada-United Kingdom Trade Continuity Agreement- Serial No. 1038
Date: April 1, 2021
This Notice sets out the policies and practices pertaining to the administration of vehicles for export to the United Kingdom under the Canada - United Kingdom Trade Continuity Agreement (Canada-UK TCA).
This Notice is provided pursuant to the authority of the Export and Import Permits Act (EIPA) and its corresponding regulations, and remains in effect until further notice.
Table of contents
Vehicles means a product that is included in item 5210 on the Export Control List (ECL), namely, vehicles that originate in Canada and comply with the product description and sufficient production criteria referred to in Table D.1 of Annex 5-A to Annex 5 of the Protocol on Rules of Origin and Origin Procedures of the Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement between Canada and the European Union, as incorporated by reference into the Canada-UK TCA, for export to the United Kingdom or other Canada-UK TCA beneficiary.
See the list of EIPA commodity codes for Vehicles under the Canada-UK TCA
- You are eligible for an export permit if you are a:
- Resident of Canada
- your head office is in Canada or you operate a branch office in Canada; and
- Manufacturer of light passenger vehicles
- you manufacture light passenger vehicles of the type eligible to benefit from the origin quota for vehicles, as incorporated by reference into the Canada-UK TCA, either on a manufactured or purchased chassis, in an establishment in Canada.
- Resident of Canada
- In accordance with the CETA Protocol on rules of origin and origin procedures, as incorporated into the Canada-UK TCA, the exporter of the product must provide an origin declaration to the importer.
- In order for the importer to identify origin quota imports from Canada and to inform the importer of the application of Annex 5-A, the exporter must include a reference to Annex 5-A on the commercial invoice or other commercial document. In accordance with paragraph 4 of Annex 5-A, the United Kingdom, or other Canada-UK TCA beneficiary, shall not count any products against the annual origin quota without such reference.
- Shipment-specific permits are required for exports of origin quota vehicles in order to obtain the preferential tariff rate under the Canada-UK TCA.
- Shipment-specific permits are available for exports of these products to the United Kingdom, or other Canada-UK TCA beneficiary, on a first-come, first-served basis, upon submission of a duly completed shipment-specific permit application.
- Once the origin quota has been fully utilized, permits will not be issued.
- Key Dates and access quantities
- Apply for an EIPA file number
- How to apply for an export permit
- Vehicle origin quota utilization information
- Contact Us
Report a problem on this page
- Date Modified: