This Web page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived is provided for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It is not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards and has not been altered or updated since it was archived. Please contact us to request a format other than those available.
Notice to Importers
Beef and Veal (Items 114 to 116 on the Import Control List)
Appendix 7 - Affidavit for Distributors
I [NAME OF PERSON], A RESIDENT OF THE COUNTY OR MUNICIPALITY OF _________________________________, IN THE PROVINCE OF _________________________________MAKE OATH AND SAY AS FOLLOWS :
1. I am employed by [Company name] as [job title].
2. [Company name] does and will continue to do business in [quota year] as a distributor.
3. In the period January 1, 2002 to April 30, 2003 the amount of non-FTA beef and veal imported by [Company name] was ________ kilograms. Multiplying this amount by 75% pro-rates it to a 12-month amount of _______ kg. I have attached supporting monthly figures in kilograms of non-FTA beef and veal sold by [Company name] during the period January 1, 2002 to April 30, 2003.
In the period August 1, [Year] to July 31, [Year] the amount of non-FTA beef and veal imported by [Company name] was __________ kilograms. I have attached supporting monthly figures in kilograms of non-FTA beef and veal imported by [Company name] during the period August 1, [Year] to July 31, [Year].
4. In determining the amount of non-FTA beef and veal imported by [Company name], I have included ONLY beef and veal that was imported under headings 02.01 and 02.02 of the Customs Tariff. Moreover, I have included only non-FTA beef and veal imports imported under the authority of an import permit issued to [Company name] by Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Canada (DFATD) and beef and veal imported at the 26.5% over-access rate of duty.
5. In calculating the amount of non-FTA beef and veal imported by [Company name], I have added the weight listed on [applicant name] purchase and import records. No statistical sampling techniques were used to estimate the amount of non-FTA beef and veal purchased and imported by [Company name]. The purchase and import records clearly indicate the weight and type of beef and veal purchased and imported, the date of purchase and import and the country of origin of the beef and veal. I have included only those imports for which full payment has been made by [Company name].
6. I agree that any information provided by [Company name] to DFATD in support of [Company name] application for a share of the [quota year] tariff rate quota (TRQ) is subject to review by an independent public accountant (or an accountant named by DFATD). I further agree that the determination of whether an accountant's report is required shall be made solely by DFATD. I also agree that all costs of the accountant shall be borne by [Company name] and that the accountant's report will be in the form specified by DFATD.
7. All other information provided by [Company name] on the "Application form for a share of the beef and veal TRQ" for [quota year] is accurate and complete.
8. I understand that the information provided by [Company name] in this affidavit will be used to assess [Company name] application for a share of the [quota year] beef and veal TRQ. I realize that section 17 of the Export and Import Permits Act (EIPA) forbids anyone to furnish false or misleading information or knowingly to make any misrepresentation in any application in order to procure an import permit. I am aware that section 18 of the EIPA forbids any person to knowingly induce, aid or abet any other person to contravene any of the provisions of the EIPA.
Sworn beforeme at the City of _________________________ in the province ______________________________________ on this __________ day of _______________________[Year].
Notary Public, Justice of the Peace or Commissioner of Oaths
Signature and printed or typed name of swearer
- Date Modified: